Terms & Conditions
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and at the same time we endeavor to use any data we collect from you to provide the best possible service.
- What information we collect;
- How we use that Information;
- How this information is shared;
- Your rights; and
- Other useful privacy and security related matters.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with the general Terms and Conditions of this website.
You must be over 16 to register for a personal account, subscribe to SkinShop marketing emails and/or place an order with SkinShop. The Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
SkinShop Online Skin Products Ltd, trading as SkinShop is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
SkinShop Online Skin Products Ltd is registered in the Republic of Ireland under company number 617684 with its registered office at 1 Millmount Terrace, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, Ireland.
Where do we store your data?
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable law
Information we collect
By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form. This information can be grouped together in the following categories:
Information you provide us:
We collect information about you during the account registration or order process for any of our Services. This information may include, but is not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, credit/debit card details and any other details as might be requested from you for the purpose of registration and/or continued use of our Services.
We may also collect information from you if you request information or customer support.
Additional Information collected:
We may also collect the following information:
- Name, contact information and message if you contact us or participate in a survey, contest or promotion
- Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site or any Application
- Transaction information including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
- Contact History means keeping a record of what you have said to us, for example, over the phone, by live chat, through a web form, by email, on social media or otherwise
- Your response to marketing campaigns from us or through our third parties i.e. open/click on such emails;
- Social Information means information collected if you choose to link your social media accounts with us.
How we collect information about you
You may give us your information by filling in forms on the Site or any Application or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- register for an account with us (whether online or in-store);
- place an order;
- submit a skin consultation form;
- sign up to our newsletters;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact our Customer Care Team;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
We may also receive information about you from various third parties such as: analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers and payment service providers.
How do we use this information?
We process personal information for the following Services and purposes:
Account set up, Account management and order processing.
We use personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, card details, and information about your device to:
To set up and administer your account
To deliver your purchases
To provide customer care and technical support
To process returns
For security and to verify your identity
To take payment and process refunds
To send you messages by email, SMS or otherwise such as order updates
To provide you with marketing (where we have the right to do so – see marketing section below)
To communicate with you
Diagnostics, research and development
We use personal information for internal research and development purposes, to help diagnose system problems, to administer our websites, to improve and test the features and functions of our Services, to develop new content, products and services. To carry out testing and analysis. This processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Marketing and events
Subject to any preferences you have expressed (where applicable), we use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, online, push notification or otherwise.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will do this during the period of your relationship with us and, unless specifically instructed otherwise by you, for a reasonable period of time after the relationship has ended in order to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
If we send you a marketing email or SMS, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these marketing communications in the future.
You can also manage your information and update your marketing preferences through the “My Account” section when you login to your account.
Once you do this, we will update your account to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please allow up to 48 hours for any changes you make to your marketing preferences to be fully processed.
Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service messages such as order updates.
Except where we use your personal data for marketing purposes on the basis of your prior written consent and subject to any opt out preferences you notify to us in respect of electronic direct marketing communications, we process personal data for marketing purposes as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our products and services.
We may also use personal information to enforce our terms and conditions.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us),
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. For the unregulated jurisdictions in which operate, and subject to us not having a legal or regulatory requirement or a risk management reason for retaining your information for a longer period, your information will not be kept for longer than 7 years post account closure. We will take all necessary steps to ensure that the privacy of information is maintained for the period of retention.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in Ireland The Data Protection Office
Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
- If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the SkinShop website, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use SkinShop.
What about cookies?
- (1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
- (2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- (3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on ASOS, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- (4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected.
If you visit the “Get in Touch” section of our site and fill in the information we will use your information to deal with your queries and in order to respond to you. We may store the information you provide for future reference in order to assess how well we provide our service to you and others on an on-going basis.
If you write to, call or email us, we will use your details to respond to you and will keep a record of your correspondence with us.
For any requests relating to your personal information or any of your rights referenced above please feel free to contact us by email [email protected] or by post:
SkinShop Online Skin Care Products Ltd, 32A Austin Friar’s Street, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath.
These Terms and Conditions (‘the Terms’) govern the users (‘you’ or ‘your’) use of the website skinshop.ie (‘the Website’) and your relationship with:
- SkinShop Limited (trading as skinshop.ie) whose registered office is at Unit 20 Zone C, Mullingar Business Park, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, N91 YF40.
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under law. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not access nor use the Website. If you have any queries regarding these Terms then please contact us.
By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms.
We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time and any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Website. It is your responsibility to check for such changes. The changes will apply to the use of the Website after we have given such announcement. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms; and modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website and the material contained within (or any part) without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website or its contents.
You may browse our website without registering but will need to become a registered customer in order to purchase any goods via our website. When you become an online customer your username will be your valid email address and you will be asked to input a password when registering.
You are responsible for all actions taken under that username, whether by you or any other person. It is your responsibility to keep your username and password safe. You should not disclose or transfer your username or password to any other person and you must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your username or password.
You warrant that the personal information which you are required to provide when you register is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and you are not impersonating any other person or entity. The products purchased on this site are for private and domestic use only and are not for re-sale. You will notify us immediately of any changes to the personal information by e-mailing or telephoning our team at:
The Website may only be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and its use. You agree not to upload or transmit through the Website:
any computer viruses or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer; and any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene character.
Skinshop.ie may include links to other websites or material which is beyond our control. For your information, we are not responsible for such websites or material nor do we review or endorse them. We will not be liable, whether directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or content of such websites nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. If the goods ordered are not available, you will be notified by e-mail (or by other means if no e-mail address has been provided) and you will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order.
Any orders placed by you will be treated as an offer to purchase the goods or services from us and we have the right to reject such offers at any time. You acknowledge that any automated acknowledgment of your order which you may receive from us shall not amount to our acceptance of your offer to purchase goods or services advertised on skinshop.ie. The conclusion of a contract between you and us will take place when we
- debit your credit, debit card or PayPal account or
- dispatch the goods to you or commence the services, whichever is the later.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data provided by you when accessing or ordering from skinshop.ie.
You will assume the risk for the products once they have been delivered to the delivery address which you specified when ordering the products. We accept no liability where you provide an incorrect delivery address or where you fail to collect the products from the delivery address which you specified.
Orders cannot be cancelled or amended once payment has been accepted.
All samples/free gifts received cannot be exchanged for an alternative sample nor do they hold any value to the customer in way of a payment refund. This is a limited offer and subject to availability.
Where you have purchased the goods or services as a consumer (i.e. for private use as opposed to business use), please note that you are entitled to cancel any contract completed with us within 14 days from the day on which you acquire physical possession of the goods.
If you wish to cancel a contract pursuant to this clause, then please see our Returns Policy for further details of how.
All products displayed on this website are available only whilst stocks last. All photos, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising issued on this website and any descriptions, photos or illustrations are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the products described in them. It is important to note that images may vary. They will not form part of the contract with you and no warranty or guarantee shall be expressed or implied in the contract with you in this regard. All prices are subject to change, are quoted in Euro and are inclusive of VAT at 21% where applicable. This is a new temporary vat reduction and is subject to change. All sale prices quoted are valid only while stocks last.
All products should be patch tested before complete use to determine suitability. It is then the customer’s responsibility to determine whether a product is suitable for use on their skin. Whilst advice may be given via telephone or email, SkinShop cannot be held responsible if a product reacts with your skin or if you simply do not like the product. It is recommended that you have a skin consultation at one of our clinics www.laserandskin.ie prior to using cosmeceuticals products due to their active nature.
Free samples received with your order may vary in brand and quantity depending on current availability. SkinShop will not accept responsibility if the samples sent vary from what was originally requested on your order. Samples will not be sent with your order unless they are added to your shopping cart.
All prices shown are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you.
Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card or via your PayPal account. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the dispatch of your good or provision of the service to you. If payment is to be made via a credit card a pre-auth value will be held against the card until the card issuer validates the payment.
In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on skinshop.ie are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods, then you will receive a full refund.
You confirm that the credit, debit card or PayPal account that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us we will not be liable to you for any delay or non-delivery.
You may only use one discount code with each order. We reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders where you add more than one discount code to the basket.
We allow you to use discount codes strictly on the terms and conditions upon which they were issued which, amongst other things, may include terms relating to your eligibility to use them and a maximum order value.
We ask that you familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions before you place an order as we reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders which do not comply with these terms even if your credit or debit card has been charged. If there is any inconsistency between the terms and conditions upon which the discount codes were issued and these terms and conditions, the discount code terms and conditions prevail.
At SkinShop, we want you to feel comfortable and safe when purchasing our products. To make it even easier, we offer the following secure methods of payment at checkout:
- We employ the most up to date internet security.
- We password protect, encrypt and use firewalls as necessary.
- We do not have access to customers payment details and all our transactions are carried out through the high security Paypal (Braintree) payments service.
- 3D Secure is enabled on our website so a password may be required when purchasing on SkinShop.
To be eligible to purchase goods on skinshop.ie and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this website under EU law you must:
- if an individual, be 18 years of age or over; and register your real name, address, phone number, e-mail address any other details requested.
- By offering to purchase goods and services you represent to us that you are 18 years of age or over and authorise us to transmit information (included updated information) to obtain information from third parties, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card numbers or credit reports to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
The content of the Website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights and you acknowledge that the material and content supplied as part of the Website shall remain with us or our licensors.
You may retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Website.
Notwithstanding any other provision in the Terms, nothing in these Terms:
affect or limit your rights as a consumer under EU law; or will exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
The Website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties, whether express or implied, in relation to it and its use. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee and cannot be responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided by you. You must bear the risk associated with the use of the Internet.
Whilst we will try to ensure that material included on the Website is correct, reputable and of high quality, we cannot accept responsibility if this is not the case. We will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information or for any technical problems you may experience with the Website. If we are informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Website we will attempt to correct this as soon as we reasonably can.
In particular, we disclaim all liabilities in connection with the following:
- Incompatibility of the Website with any of your equipment, software or telecommunications links;
- technical problems including errors or interruptions of the Website;
- unsuitability, unreliability or inaccuracy of the Website; and
- failure of the Website to meet your requirements.
To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential or incidental damages (both of which terms includes, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expenditure, loss of privacy and loss of data) or any other indirect, special or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the Website.
If any part of the Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of the Terms.
These Terms form the entire basis of any agreement reached between you and us.
Where we are offering a free gift with a product, we shall only provide one free gift per transaction (irrespective of how many products are purchased). The free gift is subject to availability and we reserve the right to change the free gift for an alternative gift.
In order for us to facilitate the provision of a free gift, it may be necessary for us to include the free gift on our site at a nominal value. For the avoidance of doubt, you are not entitled to ‘purchase’ the free gift without purchasing the product it is provided free with and any attempt to ‘purchase’ the free gift will be cancelled (notwithstanding any automated communication you may receive acknowledging your order). In the unlikely event that the free gift is despatched to you, you shall be obliged to return the free gift upon written request.
You will also be obliged to return the free gift if you are returning the product which allowed you to be eligible for the free gift. Failure to do so will result in a deductible fee to the amount of the RRP of the free gift from the refund amount.
All products should be patch tested before complete use to determine suitability. It is then the customer’s responsibility to determine whether a product is suitable for use on their skin. SkinShop cannot be held responsible if a product reacts with your skin or if you simply do not like the product. It is recommended that you have a skin consultation at one of our clinics www.laserandskin.ie prior to using cosmeceuticals products due to their active nature. If a reaction does occur, photos can be sent to [email protected] which will be forwarded onto the company for review. It will be at their discretion (not skinshop.ie) if a refund is to be given.
For any requests relating to your personal information or any of your rights referenced above please feel free to contact us by email [email protected]e or by post:
SkinShop Online Skin Care Products Ltd, Unit 20 Zone C, Mullingar Business Park, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath. N91 YF40